Request A Consultation
Colorado Child Support | Child Support Attorney
In Colorado, child support is governed by a “formula” taking into consideration such factors as: (1) The income of each party; (2) The number of overnights that each party has; (3) Who pays for health insurance; (4) Extracurricular costs, if any; and (5) Daycare costs, if any.
Child support is usually a cut and dry determination based on just “crunching the numbers,” but it is important that you account for all your expenses on the Child Support Worksheet to make sure the child support determination is fair and accurate.
If you are planning on filing a Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, whether you file in district court or juvenile court matters for child support purposes! Contact us to make sure you protect yourself and your children financially.
What We DO & What We DON’T Do
- We DO develop relationships and take the time to know each client by name. Each client is guaranteed to work, one-on-one, with Attorney Shepard.
- We DO exercise compassion, empathy and careful planning with family law issues because we recognize their sensitive nature and the difficulty that accompanies their emotional interactions.
- We DO take the time to allow you to be as actively involved in the planning and commencement of your case as you would like to be.
- We DON’T pass you off to associate attorneys like big firms. At Shepard Law, You pay for the representation you deserve, which means working directly with Attorney Shepard.
- We DON’T use stock Motions. Each submission to the court is tailored to you – you’re an individual with a unique case, and deserve to be treated as such.
- We DON’T view you as a means to income. Each client is a person facing real life challenges. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution. We work to meet your needs on everything from payment plans to specific outcomes.