Request A Consultation
Colorado Paternity Lawyer | Legal Advice on Paternity
Either party may request that a court order paternity testing to be completed. This is usually requested in the initial Petition, either for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities or for Dissolution of Marriage, but it can legally be requested at any time. If a party requests a determination of paternity, a court is required to honor that request and order testing. Testing usually takes only a few days, depending on which company you use, and costs roughly $200.00 per party
What We DO & What We DON’T Do
- We DO develop relationships and take the time to know each client by name. Each client is guaranteed to work, one-on-one, with Attorney Shepard.
- We DO exercise compassion, empathy and careful planning with family law issues because we recognize their sensitive nature and the difficulty that accompanies their emotional interactions.
- We DO take the time to allow you to be as actively involved in the planning and commencement of your case as you would like to be.
- We DON’T pass you off to associate attorneys like big firms. At Shepard Law, You pay for the representation you deserve, which means working directly with Attorney Shepard.
- We DON’T use stock Motions. Each submission to the court is tailored to you – you’re an individual with a unique case, and deserve to be treated as such.
- We DON’T view you as a means to income. Each client is a person facing real life challenges. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution. We work to meet your needs on everything from payment plans to specific outcomes.