Request A Consultation
Colorado Non-Parent/Grandparent Rights Attorney
There are certain circumstances in which a non-parent can obtain parenting time. For instance a non-parent, including grandparents or stepparents, may file a Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities if they have had physical care of the children for a period of six (6) months or more if such action is commenced within six (6) months of the termination of physical care. A non-parent may also file a Petition for Allocation if the children are not in the care of either parent. Grandparent “visitation” may also be an option. Contact us today to get more information on non-parent and grandparent rights.
What We DO & What We DON’T Do
- We DO develop relationships and take the time to know each client by name. Each client is guaranteed to work, one-on-one, with Attorney Shepard.
- We DO exercise compassion, empathy and careful planning with family law issues because we recognize their sensitive nature and the difficulty that accompanies their emotional interactions.
- We DO take the time to allow you to be as actively involved in the planning and commencement of your case as you would like to be.
- We DON’T pass you off to associate attorneys like big firms. At Shepard Law, You pay for the representation you deserve, which means working directly with Attorney Shepard.
- We DON’T use stock Motions. Each submission to the court is tailored to you – you’re an individual with a unique case, and deserve to be treated as such.
- We DON’T view you as a means to income. Each client is a person facing real life challenges. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution. We work to meet your needs on everything from payment plans to specific outcomes.