Request A Consultation
Colorado Legal Separation | Legal Separation Attorney
Procedurally, dissolution of marriage (divorce) and legal separation are exactly the same. In either proceeding, you will be entitled to a determination of maintenance (formerly alimony), child support, parental rights and responsibilities, and division of property. The only difference between the two is that with legal separation, a decree is not entered and you will still remain legally married to your spouse.
Religious preferences are often the reason some people opt to file for legal separation rather than dissolution of marriage, but there are other reasons as well. Regardless of what you chose as being the best option for you, Shepard Law is here to help.
What We DO & What We DON’T Do
- We DO develop relationships and take the time to know each client by name. Each client is guaranteed to work, one-on-one, with Attorney Shepard.
- We DO exercise compassion, empathy and careful planning with family law issues because we recognize their sensitive nature and the difficulty that accompanies their emotional interactions.
- We DO take the time to allow you to be as actively involved in the planning and commencement of your case as you would like to be.
- We DON’T pass you off to associate attorneys like big firms. At Shepard Law, You pay for the representation you deserve, which means working directly with Attorney Shepard.
- We DON’T use stock Motions. Each submission to the court is tailored to you – you’re an individual with a unique case, and deserve to be treated as such.
- We DON’T view you as a means to income. Each client is a person facing real life challenges. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution. We work to meet your needs on everything from payment plans to specific outcomes.