Request A Consultation
Colorado Dissolution of Marriage | Parker Divorce Attorney
Dissolution of Marriage is the fancy legal terminology that refers to divorce. When filing a for a dissolution of marriage, either party must reside in the Colorado for at least 90 days prior to the filing of the Petition. If the parties have children, the children must reside in Colorado for at least six (6) months prior to filing of the Petition for the court to have jurisdiction.
Once you file for divorce, there is a mandatory 90-day waiting period before the court will enter a decree. The quickest you can get divorced is 90 days from the time the Petition was served if one party filed or from the time the Petition was filed if you filed jointly. However, depending on the issues in your case, especially if children are involved, this process may take much longer.
A dissolution of marriage proceeding is usually a complicated process which can be difficult to navigate alone, especially if you have property to divide or if parenting time is a disputed issue. Contact us today to discuss your options.
What We DO & What We DON’T Do
- We DO develop relationships and take the time to know each client by name. Each client is guaranteed to work, one-on-one, with Attorney Shepard.
- We DO exercise compassion, empathy and careful planning with family law issues because we recognize their sensitive nature and the difficulty that accompanies their emotional interactions.
- We DO take the time to allow you to be as actively involved in the planning and commencement of your case as you would like to be.
- We DON’T pass you off to associate attorneys like big firms. At Shepard Law, You pay for the representation you deserve, which means working directly with Attorney Shepard.
- We DON’T use stock Motions. Each submission to the court is tailored to you – you’re an individual with a unique case, and deserve to be treated as such.
- We DON’T view you as a means to income. Each client is a person facing real life challenges. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution. We work to meet your needs on everything from payment plans to specific outcomes.